Apr 1, 2012

Inkjet and Faux Jade Rose Earrings

I made two earrings this week for the 52 Earrings a Year Challenge. The theme was Twigs for #13 and for #14 I chose to make Faux Jade Ear gauges. I believe I’m now caught up with the challenge!

Well, trees aren’t exactly twigs, but these leaf-less trees reminded me of twigs, so I made Inkjet transfers on Kato polyclay and then covered them with resin. I altered the sky to give it a pink hue. Some ‘twigs’ of coral beads and iris purple glass beads dangling from them complete this pair.

DSC07188

For #14 I chose to make a Faux Nephrite Jade and turned them into faux ear gauges with some roses. I couldn’t fit the stud properly on the hard bust. They fit a person much better, but I don’t have any live models. the little swirl on the stud isn’t supposed to be sticking out, but one gets the idea of the look.

DSC07185

#15’s theme is going to be Easter. I’m not into Bunnies and Eggs sort of thing, so will have to think that one out…maybe I’ll be inspired by something a bit more spiritual…stay tuned.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love the twig inspired earrings! Makes me wish I wore earrings :)

Judy said...

Really nice Tina!

Lupe Meter said...

Beautiful creations, Tina!

Christina said...

These are awesome! I like the transfer earrings the best!.

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

I love the twig earrings and your cool lucky dragon earrings too!Do you have jewelry for sale? I want to buy the twig earrings as they match my favorite beautiful owl cardigan!:) love trees and owls ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...