Feb 10, 2012

Crackled Cane and Funky Tentacles

My crackle technique is not ordinary. It doesn’t cover up or hide the original surface of polymer clay like other crackle mediums or Gold Leaf for instance. Applying it to polymer clay and rolling the clay through smaller settings on the pasta machine will crackle the leafing, and the only original part of the clay showing through will be the cracks.

Here is an example of what I mean. I made a simple bullseye cane and applied little slices to the clay sheet. I rolled it smooth and then applied the crackle medium. When finished you can still see the canes. You can do this with Mokume gane, or my Orinendo, the Faux Ceramic or even Dichroic as well. I think this would make some interesting beads. You can find my crackle technique tutorial here and the other ones are there as well.

DSC06973

I made these earrings and necklace today. This is Earring set #7 in the 52 Earrings a Year Challenge. i crackled red clay and added some wire. Looks like I want to keep them. If you look closely you can just barely see the Hearing aid behind my ear and a wire running inside of it Open-mouthed smile .

I’ll be making more of these Funky Tentacles. I have a lot of ideas burning…

DSC06975DSC06981

This is a matching necklace and more earrings…more on the way…

DSC06980DSC06982

Close up

DSC06983

 

Kind of a strange style for me, but I like it, sort of like a coral…

1 comment:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I like the earrings very much. They are different!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...