Jul 31, 2009

Pebbles and almost every stone

I've made a few Pebls again. Should you wonder what Pebls are, they are Polymerclay evolved beach-like stones. I came up with the name for a swap I hosted in 2007 for Clayamies. You can have a look at the pebble bracelets here.

What have I been up to since last posting (besides family visiting, beading, claying...). I made a few Pebls for earrings and necklaces. Incorporated a few in my Picasso pendants, black wire frames that I hammer into shapes and then wire up with gemstones. These have become quite popular sellers for me at various galleries and shops. One customer couldn't resist and had to purchase two! When I created custom earrings for her and went to meet at a local gallery, she couldn't decide and took a few pairs as well. She insisted I get them into the bigger cities and she's going to show off hers. lol...I love customers that are enthusiastic about my creations.

Here are 3 styles of pebls, gray rocks with 'quartz' veins, red 'jasper' and "garnet schist'

Add a black "Basalt"...

Almost every Gem I could muster, Lemon quartz, topaz, amethyst, rainbow flourite, turquoise....I think I'll call this pendant...

"Almost every stone"

I finally started a video for the Pebls, but will continue with it this coming week.
I've had a few requests on how I create my banded rocks with the quartz inclusion. Videos aren't easy to shoot, especially when I'm my own artist, director and camera person. You may catch me with my finger on the 'remote', lol. I can see that editing is already a daunting task since I'm so 'picky'! I'll give it a shot, pardon the pun, but may also turn the tutorial into a photographic one, like I'm used to doing. The plus with video is that I can show some of the trickier aspects without producing a flip photo-style book. I'll be aiming for 5 or 6 styles of Pebls.

6 comments:

Cynthia Blanton said...

Hey Tina,

I like the Pebls. I'm curious about the wire. The earwires look like copper...are they? The "almost every stone" pendant is terrific.

Cynthia

Azure Accessories said...

These are really great Tina...I particularly like the "Almost every stone"...


Cheers

Beadcomber said...

Thanks!
Yes the earwires are antiqued copper.

Unknown said...

Looooove the pendant!

Alice Stroppel said...

This is interesting, colorful, and very pretty. You have mastered the stone.

Gera Scott Chandler said...

Ahh... Fellow Woman of The West Coast Stone Shore- this looks like a stunner of a publication!! Everyone will appreciate your know-how!

Best wishes G.
XOX

g.aka X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...