May 29, 2009

Transparent Resin Clay


It will be interesting to try this product soon. It's called Sukerukun Transparent Resin Clay. I'm not certain if this is a Polymer Clay, but it is air dry.

Here is Penny Dogs blog about it. She created a gorgeous ring from it. Go have a look!

I haven't tried this air dry clay yet, but suspect it reminds me of thickened Elmers Glue since it always stays flexible. Elmers is white out of the tube, but dries somewhat translucent. I think the term "transparent clay" is a misnomer since no matter how thin a piece is worked it will always have a bit of 'opaqueness' to it, althought the pamphlet says the glaze that comes with it will help to make it 'appear' more transparent. Apparently it can be mixed with oil paint, acrylic paint and watercolour, but too much of any of these as liquids and the clay may have trouble drying or won't be as translucent. Am anxious to try and see if I can come up with something worthwhile. I'll let you know ;). The manufacturer sent these photos of some beautiful flowers that are very artistic examples of what one can accomplish with this clay. Too bad I didn't get who the artist is...

Please send your links or tell about your experience with this clay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I think I've decided it's not really for me- it seems to turn a weird yellowy colour when left to dry, so I think it is best with colourants, but for now I'm sticking with my resin, but who knows, I may get it out again :)

Kawaii Friends Cafe said...

I used Sukerukun for my candy, fruits and lollipops and it turned out great! It is very sticky and a bit oily to work with. I added a pin drop of acrylic paint and still have a great transparency in my work! It's a little pricey but it's worth a try!
see my project here:
http://petitecafeotete.blogspot.com/2010/01/lollipops-and-lemons.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...