Mar 1, 2009

Kreative and Lemonade Blogger Awards


I'm very flattered to have picked up a couple of Blogger Awards and am finally able to catch up. Thank you to Marre Accessories for rewarding me in such a way. Marre has a few blogs, including one in Estonian! Like myself, Marre creates multi-media jewelry using polymer clay, wire, beads, fiber...Thanks Marre!

The rule is that the ones receiving this reward will write on what inspires them. Hard to say what inspires me as it could be that particular 'moment'! Sometimes it is music I listen to, other times a single word pops into mind, or a colour.

1. Colours. I tend to be dark when it comes to colour. On occasion I will create the odd 'pastel' item, but it is a rare. I'm very drawn to Hematite, a balancing stone. For metal I am drawn to Copper, the metal of Venus and any stone set in copper or used with copper with have an enhanced energy field. Copper even enhances the energy of silver and gold. As for actual colours, I am drawn to Purple, Blue, Green and Amber. The shades vary from lighter to dark, but the mixes will compliment each other. I try not too choose too many shades or colours as to overwhelm a piece and it has to feel 'right', both intuitively and visually.

2. New techniques. I'm forever looking for new methods to adapt and combine with my work. Most of the time I have a hard time just using one particular material or method and will use at least 2 or three techniques to combine and alter into something new. I don't like repetition, although it is a necessity when selling work. I create balance by doing something 'new' in between just to relax and feed the creative energy. Repetition creates stagnation and blocks, so unwinding with learning something new is important to me.

3. Other's work. All the visual eye candy of others' creations. It helps me to get out of the usual mindset and see possibilities and realize the endlessness of them. While I feel that learning a new technique involves copying, imitation or following instructions is not for me. I like to try something new at least once, something that is not the norm for me, such as creating a doll or a hand bound journal, but usually fall back onto what feels the most comfortable which is jewelry. Although I start with a visual project in mind, it doesn't always end up being so. I compare this to going a driftwood and pebbled beach that looks arranged in a particular way, then huge waves come in and change the whole lot! or Forest Gump's box of chocolates....never know what you're gonna get! lol

Easier said than done because I have two awards to pass on. I would like to pass this award on to: Well...the first one is very easy because she's always kreativ...

1. Gera Scott Chandler

2. Naama Zamir

3. Sandy of Simple Inpirations

4. Carolyn and Dave Good

Am glad to be able to hand Gera Scott Chandler an award as it is she who gave me the Lemonade Cart Award. Had to laugh when I got this one...lol

Bloggers conferred with this award have shown a positive attitude and gratitude. I'm very grateful, thanks Gera! Although I'm about a month late showing it!...better late than never...?

1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great Gratitude and/or Attitude.
3. Be sure to list and link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Nominate your favorites and link to your post.

Ok....easier said than done because I have just handed out 4 awards above....

1. Joan Tayler
2. Violette Laporte
3. Jem Redlich
4. Cheryl Trottier
5. Janis
6. LoopyBoopy


sorry if this falls short....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks T!
I passed the award on to three wonderful bloggers- details are on my blog today!

gera

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...