Jul 31, 2008

V Day!

A visit from my friend Vanessa made this rainy day much more fun than it would have been. Coming up to Tofino is a more than 3 hour long drive (not counting the drive back!), so V as I like to call Vanessa, was a real Sport when I suggested we experiment with a little polymer clay. I wanted to try a hidden magic mokume gane thing that I saw on Parole de Pate (Feb2008), but with a slight difference, by adding a sheet of translucent with pinata inks and another one translucent with painted gold leaf sandwiched in between. The result wasn't quite what I imagined or had hoped for, but am happy nonetheless. The result was an 'aha' moment because now I now what to try next....a thicker version for more depth.
Thanks for a great visit V!
A lot of green...(that table cloth must go....I don't like gingham)

V's sheet which reminded me of some ancient script....

Goofin' around, lol.
Finished one project...

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi Tina

I can't believe I was with you when you started this project and by the time I got home you were done. It is wonderful! The transformation from start to finish is very interesting. Love it.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! Looks a little like the stone called Malachite! Very pretty shape to the beads.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...