Jan 1, 2008

Polymer Clay Artists- Happy New Year!

2008!...another number bytes the dust, but another creative year ahead with hopefully lots of Polymer Clay Bytes to add here.
With so many Polymer Clay Artists around the world, some familiar, some emerging, here are just a few artists that give us non-caloric eye candy. After all those chocolates most of us will put ourselves on one diet or another, so more EYE candy, please!! I chose these artists at random and since I don't want you to feel left-out, please send me your links for future show and tell!! ;) (leave your name in the comment box or email me....)

Beginning with Canadian artist Margi Laurin we get some spectacular glimpses into the magic of polymer clay with an array of kaleidoscopes and magnetic poseable pieces such as this:
Lithuanian polymer clay artist Rasa Lazauskaite. Beautiful milifiori and outstanding colour palettes. (How does she do the drawings?! I know that Oil PENCILS are being used for the faces, but all I can find are the crayons in stores, not pencils....anyone know where to get these?):


Spanish Artist Tatana. I think these flowers are gorgeous...

French artist blog with wonderful 'hidden magic' au fil des pates

British Artist Hetty Scott creates some cool 'Geode' boxes from Polymer Clay:

Australian Artist Joanne Scriha who makes the cutest little fairies...

USA artist Julie Picarello of Yellow House Designs. I love the hues of earthy colours...

And back to Canada! Canadian polymer clay artist Georgia Ferrell is also giving us a glimpse of possibilities with some imaginative kaleidoscopes and games. Georgia will be teaching a workshop in making Tumblescopes at the upcoming 'Sojourn' in February. There is still room for this much anticipated workshop. It has a January 25th deadline. Classes and demos are filling up quickly, so don't wait to miss out on this opportunity. Check out the Sojourn blog for the interesting venue, events and contact information.

for some more

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Tina, what a wonderful trip around the world! Thanks for posting these.

Sandy

Unknown said...

Can you tell me the best way to get started making fairies. I have Worked with polymer clay for years and have been very interested in making fairies but would like your advice on the best way to approach it. There are sites that will take 900 to a 1000 dollars for their private lessons,unfortunately I am not able to do so.I would greatly appreciate your input on this.



Sincerely, Diane Philpott

Beadcomber said...

I'm not certain Diane. While I like Fairies, I don't create any, so my research with them is extremely limited. I'd have to do a google search like you, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...